Golfers have a lot of different things to worry about when it comes to their game, and one of the most important is how they hold the club. The golf grip is very important because it can affect your swing. If you want to be an excellent golfer, then you need to know the best way to hold your golf club.
Read this article for ten finger golf grip tips!
What Is The 10 Finger Grip?
There are many different types of golf grips. As a rule, you want your grip to fit your hand perfectly, and the 10 finger grip does just that. This is a great choice if you are looking for an excellent feel on the club.
The 10 finger golf grip is also rather simple when compared to some other types of grips out there. The name is self explanatory – it involves using all ten fingers when you grip the club!
Do any pros use a 10 finger grip?
There are plenty of professional golfers out there who use the 10 finger grip. Tiger Woods uses a 10 finger grip, as well as Sam Snead and Lee Trevino among others. The list is quite extensive, so you can find many professional golfers with this style of grip.
Why Is This Grip So Popular?
The 10 finger golf grip is very popular for several reasons. For one thing, you get a lot of power and control with this style of grip. You can definitely feel the club in your hand when you use this type of grip – if there is any vibration or movement, then you will feel it right away!
Another reason that the 10 finger grip is so popular is because it fits the hand so well. If you have the right size of grip, then your hands should easily fit into all of the spaces between the fingers. This makes the club feel like an extension of your arm!
What Are The Benefits?
There are several benefits to using this type of grip when compared to others, and any golfer should definitely try it out. Many golfers find that the 10 finger grip can help them hit the ball straighter because they are using their whole hand to grip the club rather than just their fingertips.
If you have larger hands, then this type of grip will suit you very well as most other grips might feel too small. The 10 finger grip is also very simple to learn, so you don't have to worry about having to learn a whole new hold for yourself.
What Is The Downside?
There really aren't any significant downsides when it comes to using the 10 finger grip. If anything, the only downside with this type of grip is that you can't let your hands get too sweaty, otherwise the grip will feel loose and slippery.
Tips for Using the 10 Finger Golf Grip
- You should always have the right size of grip for your club. It is important that the grip fits snugly in your hand – if it is too loose then you will not be able to get a good grip or enough power and control.
- Make sure that you don't use too much pressure when gripping the golf club with this type of style. If you use too much pressure, then it will make the club feel heavy and cumbersome.
- Keep in mind that your grip should be strong enough to control a powerful shot, but this does not mean that you need to squeeze the club tightly! Remember, if it is too tight then you might lose some of your swing power.
- When you are using the 10 finger grip, you want to make sure that your hands are relaxed. You should be able to feel a nice soft cushion in between all of your fingers!
- Keep in mind that it is best to use a glove if you have sweaty palms and can't help but get the grips wet when you play. This will help to keep the grip in place.
If you golf frequently, then the 10 finger grip is a great choice for you. If you are looking for an excellent hand position and feel on your club, then this grip will definitely do the trick!